The API allows developers to enable their software to connect to TD Ameritrade for trading, data, and account management.
The API is language-independent, simple, and robust. TD Ameritrade’s API features include:
- Trading - Submitting, canceling, modifying orders
- Streaming data - Level I, Level II, News, and Actives1
- Historical data - Daily and intraday
- Account information - Balances, positions, transactions
- Multi-product support - Stocks, options, ETFs, mutual funds
- Guides and sample code - Provides easy integration into various programming environments
- Comprehensive documentation - Complete description and clear documentation available
1Real time data is available for free to non-professional clients only. Subscription fees apply to designated professionals for real time market data. For details, see our Professional Rates and Fees listing.