We’ve removed the constraint of regular market hours, so that Wall Street stays open for you 24 hours a day, 5 days a week (excluding market holidays). You can explore new potential opportunities and even trade on them when it suits you best.
Trade on your terms.
- React right when market-moving events happen
- Take advantage of potential opportunities outside of market hours without being a derivatives trader
- Access the markets when it’s most convenient for you, from Sunday 8 p.m. ET to Friday 8 p.m. ET
- Also available on the TD Ameritrade Mobile Trader app
See what’s possible with 24/5 select security trading.
- Some of our most widely traded securities that offer broad market access are available 24/5. The list initially includes:
When placing an Extended‑Hours Overnight Trade, you may only place unconditional limit orders to buy or sell. Additionally, you may only take the long side of the trade (no short‑selling).Download thinkorswim
How to get started.
- Ensure “Advanced Features” are enabled:
- Log in to your TD Ameritrade account
- Visit the Client Services menu > My Profile > General tab
- Under the “Elections and routing” section, set “Advanced Features” to “Enabled”
- Log in to thinkorswim or the Mobile Trader app and select EXTO when placing an Extended‑Hours Overnight Trade