Start Trading Futures

Yeah, you can trade that

Visit our "Available products" page and use the interactive table to view all the futures contracts currently available for trading at TD Ameritrade.

Find around-the-clock trading opportunities

Qualified traders can make moves as market conditions and economic events happen, with access to around-the-clock trading. Available almost 24 hours a day, six days a week.

Expand your portfolio

Get access to more than 70 futures products, including indices, metals, energy, grains, currency, and more. And consider even more approaches, with options on futures strategies. The more diversified you are, the more prepared you may be for bullish, bearish, and sideways markets.

Utilize leverage (with caution)

Control a large investment with a relatively small amount of money. That’s how you use leverage with futures. Due to low margins and high leverage, a small up or down movement could mean a significant gain or loss compared with your initial investment.

Enjoy potential tax benefits

Take advantage of preferred tax rates on futures trades, based on the 60/40 rule. That means 60% of net gains on futures trading is treated like long-term capital gains. The other 40% is treated as short-term capital gains and taxed like ordinary income. To learn more, speak with your tax consultant or visit the IRS website for more information.

Get ready, get set, get started

Discover the steps you need to take so you can become the 24/6 trader you want to be.